Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's been quite the day

So i was walking home from school today, and witnessed the funniest traffic jam of my life. there was a combine in the middle of the street i live on. now, while i'm not giving away the street name, i will say that it's parallel with Main St., and is the second busiest street in town. so to have a piece of farm equipment in the middle of the road is a bit of a hindrance. they were trying to get it through the street, making sure they didn't hit any of the parked cars, not to mention the cars heading the other way. many drivers got very frustrated and did a k-turn to go the other way and take a detour to their destination. i've never seen anyone do a k-turn on my street! i've seen people do u-turns, but not k-turns.

so while i was walking towards my house, i figured i'd just go in and ask my parents and sister what was happening outside. maybe they had some inside scoop that would be useful to me. well, when i asked them what was going on, they wanted to know what i was talking about. so i told them about the combine trying to get through the street. so Dad and Anna went outside to see what was happening. then Dad sent me back inside to get the camera, so we could take a picture to send to my mom's uncle. a high percentage of my mom's extended family are farmers, or grew up in a farming family.

i would just like to say that i never ever want to try to drive a large vehicle, such as a tractor trailor, or a combine, through town. i'd probable run into a car or two. my parent's van hits the limit when it comes to driving big vehicles. well, i guess i'd drive a 15 passenger van if i had to. but i'll stick to small cars. there's that small stuff again. and i felt really bad for the person driving the combine. i would hate to be in that situation. but he got through it.

then when i went back outside to leave for piano lessons,(this is twenty minutes after the combine thing) i saw police cars down the way. i really don't want to know why they were there. then there was all kinds of traffic hold ups. the van in front of me going through town would randomly put on his break every five seconds. i can get very stressed out driving to piano.

well, i need to go study for my physics test. i tried to go to the review, but we kept getting off track, and didn't get much done. so i hope i have a good hold on this stuff. hopefully i'll post more this weekend. don't forget to tune into the Squeaky Show!

2 comments:

Liz's Random Thoughts said...

wow talk about an interesting accident huh...oh yeah don't forget to check out my story on the forum:) I'm giving you and barb 'cameo' apperences? I guess is what you call them? lol:)

Anonymous said...

thats neat. once in my small town there was a trailer full of sheep that was hogging most of the road. another time there was a line of ducks crossing the street :-]

No one special.