Sunday, October 07, 2007

it happened again!

i was able to write some more music! this makes me so excited. i decided a few days ago that i should write a sequal to that song i shared with you all a few weeks ago. the one where the chorus starts out, "Can we put our differences away for awhile and find something good to talk about?" but i knew that i needed to wait on God's timing to write it. well, during church today i came up with a chorus. it's a chorus that's going to need some work, but it's a base to something. then after church i was seeing if i had anything more to add to the other song i was working on, when i decided i should try and come up with something for this new song. so i did. and i think it's a pretty good start. i was even able to come up with some of the lyrics, though i still need to write them down. i'll probably work on this more tomorrow night and on tuesday morning. i'm really excited that God has given me these gifts that i may glorify Him. even if i never do end up writing the next big praise song bound to be sung in churches all over the nation. i've often wondered why i even write songs if i know i'm gifted in radio. but i figure that shouldn't stop me from writing them down, because God has a plan for them. and i know God has a plan for the music too. so i should keep at it.

5 comments:

Liz's Random Thoughts said...

Sounds pretty cool Abby:) BTW I finally finished reading P&P its a really good book! Considering its almost 200 years old. Very cool:) Anyways...<3

Anonymous said...

Thats great. I've written a few songs in my time. I'm actually writing one right now. But I cant write music.
Songs are a great way to encourage others. Some people respond better to them.

No one special.

Abby said...

for awhile i had troubles with the music part of it. i could pick out the melody on the guitar or piano, but i couldn't do the whole chord thing. but i could imagine the music in my head. so now God has said it's time for me to work on the music part of some of my songs.

Liz, that's awesome that you finished the book! now all you need to do is watch the movie so i can tell you about my P&P moment i had!

Liz's Random Thoughts said...

Well I watched the new one...are you meaning the old one?

Abby said...

yeah, the new one. i'll tell you about it later.