Tuesday, October 02, 2007

how ironic!

so, to start off with, today is my 17th birthday. and no, that's not the ironic part. as always, there's a long and involved story with this. so my friend, the same one who i went shopping with on sunday, got me a gift, and she was going to give it to me before school. but she didn't get there as early as she normally does, so i didn't see her before homeroom. so throughout the day i forgot about this gift i was supposed to get. then comes 6th period, which is my government class. we had started off class, and then got off track, which was strange because we never get off track quite that much in government class. anyways, after that was done, my teacher was talking, and then he stopped and picked up a gift bag and gave it to me. he told me he was told to give it to me, but he forgot who he was supposed to say it was from. but i knew, so it was okay. that's never happened before. so then everyone told me happy birthday, and some people attempted to sing to me. i was puzzled for a second as to how it landed in his room, because my friend doesn't have this teacher for government. but then i figured there was another person she could've given it to that probably left it there for my teacher to give to me. as it turns out, i was correct.

anyways, the ironic part. today we talked about the separation of church and state in government class. we had this worksheet that we filled out that listed all these court cases that delt with the separation of church and state. my friend gave me a t-shirt for my birthday, and it says "Pick Jesus", and it has a big picture of a guitar pick on it. i thought that was ironic how it landed in that room on the day when we talked about separating church and state. i thought it was pretty funny.

so far that's been the most interesting thing during my day today, with getting a gift in government class. after this all came about, i knew i had to post about it here, because it was just too good to leave unposted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can we say? God works in His own way.
Happy Birthday.

No one special.

Anonymous said...

That's a great shirt...they need a soundguy version... maybe "SOOW Jesus"

No one else special(going with the trend...)

Abby said...

i could definitely see God's hand with this one. for right now i see it as pure entertainment. at least from my POV.

and as a message to my dear friend Liz, i have to add this to my book! there is no way i'm leaving this part of my life out. even if it's a total side note!

Liz's Random Thoughts said...

Yes you can NOT leave this out haha:) BTW how long do you think the book will be? lol:) Happy bday...and is the 'mutual friend' you and your other friend both know the one who is in your gov. class ?? let me know over email lol...