Monday, September 03, 2007

what an evening i had!

last night i had the most interesting experience. i was IMing my friend Liz, and i was going to try to show her a video my brother made on the family digital camera. i was having trouble with that, and then my foot started itching. so itch, itch, itch, itch, itch. then i asked Liz why my foot was itching, as if God had given her a special gift of telling people why a part of their body was itchy. so then, i looked down at my foot, and it was really red. and then my ring finger on my left hand starts itching. so itch, itch, itch, itch. so finally i conclude there has got to be something wrong with me. so i go over to my brother, as if he's some kind of doctor or something.(not!) he said maybe it was an allergic reaction. i really wasn't sure about that, because usually my allergic reactions include my throat swelling up. plus, i hadn't eaten anything in two hours. so this conversation concluded my brother asking me, "what did you eat", me answering, "nothing i'm allergic to", and then me putting my foot up on the computer desk and discovering that i now had bumps on my foot and finger. they looked like i had bug bites. so then my mom looks at them. she said i should probably take some benadryl. but i was convinced they were bug bites. the only odd part about that was that there weren't any bugs flying around me. so upstairs i go to get some cream to put on them. so i started putting cream on them, but then there were more on both my legs that kept popping up. i showed my mom those, and then decided to take the benadryl. and boy did they hurt. but i took one of those dissolvable stips.

they still itched a lot. but i just pretended it was the time when i was at youth group at the park and got 23 mosquito bites. because it hurt just like that. shortly after i took the benadryl, the bump on my finger went away. so it turns out that they were hives. some of them are still there, but they don't hurt like they did last night. and they're smaller than they were last night. needless to say it made my sunday evening interesting.

we're not really sure if the hives are because i ate something or just random. i know i didn't eat anything with nuts in it. all i had was a chocolate chip cookie pie piece. and i checked afterwards and confirmed that there were no nuts in it. and then i had Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. with milk chocolate shell. so there's nothing there that could've caused it. not that i know of. but like i said, it could've been something random. i don't know. i just know that if it happens again, i'll take beandryl right away. when my dad saw my hives, and heard about how i took benadryl, he muttered something about how he thinks maybe we should invest in benadryl. i certainly wouldn't be here without it. well, i probably would, but it enabled me to go through allergic reactions quicker and with ease.

while we're on this note, i should mention that now i may be allergic to chicken. we're still waiting for the blood test results, but the other test they did showed that i'm allergic. i'm sort of sad, but i guess i could get used to it. i guess that means no more Chic-fil-a. but they fry their chicken in peanut oil, so i wasn't sure if that was going to be okay or not anyways. but i could still go there and just get ice cream! or a baked-potato.

1 comment:

Liz's Random Thoughts said...

Aww:( Yeah twas sad when you were tellin' me about it:P I hate hives/rashes....ugh....Oh on a thought did you go outside at all yesturday? Cause maybe if you did maybe something in the grass or something had something that caused you to have an allergic reaction? Just a thought....