Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Interesting Conversations

first of all, why does everyone act so surprised when they find out i'm a junior? i've gotten used to the idea, now why can't everyone else?

anyways, i would like to share a conversation that i had yesterday. it helped me realize something that i hadn't thought about before. i was talking with my friend Heather. she was in my chemistry class last year, and she's in my physics class this year. she also sits at my lunch table, which is where we had this conversation. she was talking about her boyfriend, and where they went over the weekend. she knows that i don't date. once she was done telling me about her weekend, she asked me what i was going to do in college when it comes to dating. i told her i was planning to go the courtship/friendship route, but wasn't too sure. so i'm letting God sort it all out. but i told her i'd just have to wait and see.

then we got talking about our future husbands. we were talking about how we could very well be acquainted with our future husbands now. and i have no clue what guys think about this, but to the two of us girls, it freaks us out. well, sometimes. then Heather was talking about how she would rather just know now whether her boyfriend and her will end up getting married. this is when i was struck with a new level of understanding.

see, i figured out, and told her, that if she did know, and if it would be a No from God, than she wouldn't put effort into the relationship. this is true with almost anyone. Heather probably wouldn't think the relationship was worth it, so there goes the effort. she wouldn't see a point. but God puts people in our lives for a reason. there's a reason why Heather and her boyfriend are together, whether they know that reason or not.

when i really try to think about this whole thing, i get really confused. but it goes right along with what my sunday school class is studying. we're talking about going through Perplexing situations. and i feel like i've been going through one lately. anyways, i had already known about God having specific purposes for all the people i come into contact with, but i guess it never really clicked like this.

so basically, we're back to the fact that i have no clue what i'm doing. i have no clue if where i'm aiming is right or not. but i'll just keep trusting God, and trust that He'll guide me in the way i need to go.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i know how you feel. its like one moment your sure this is the absolute best thing to do and the next your like "wait what am I doing?" it can be frustrating but i think thats part of learning to walk by faith. its so vital. a great deal of christianity has to do with walking by faith. And its HARD to do. I can think of times when i'd talk to God and say "I dont want to do this...I dont want to walk by faith."
I think you have the right mind set with what you said about your friend

No one special

Liz's Random Thoughts said...

To: "No one special"

Who are you?

Anonymous said...

does it matter? did I say somethin wrong?

No one special

Liz's Random Thoughts said...

No, I'm just curious to know why you don't put your name down. Do you know Abby?

Anonymous said...

yeah I kinda know her. i'm on doatg. as for my name thats just somethin i dont put down to often.

Abby said...

okay, i have just one question. N.O.S, what friend? you mean Heather? the one i talked to yesterday?

Liz's Random Thoughts said...

So for DOATG whats your screen name? I think I might know who you are, but I am not sure.

Abby said...

i also want to thank you so much for all that you've had to say. it's helped me a lot.

Anonymous said...

uhh yeah Heather...and in general. its good advice to anyone.