Friday, September 14, 2007

It's a good thing...

that i've done the 30-hour famine before. because i haven't eaten since 11:20ish this morning. so that's over nine hours without food. but i'm heating up some Boston Market Mac 'n Cheese.

I had more civil conversations today with that person i was talking about yesterday. i talked a lot about Christian club, and See You at the Pole. SYATP is on September 26th. i'm really excited because this year i'm one of the leaders for it. and i get to help lead worship. oh, that reminds me, i need to look up some stuff for that.

I'm so thankful to have a God who can work things out just perfectly. i saw that in action tonight. and thanks to that action, i know for sure that i'm going to a conference tomorrow. it's for students wanting to share their faith at school. since i'm one of the leaders of Christian Club, i figured it would be good for me to go. i'm open to any ideas God gives me.

well, it's going to be a crazy weekend. but i know i'll get through it just fine. i hope the rest of you have a nice, peaceful, and craziness free weekend. maybe i'll get that next week. actually, next week is my sister's 10th birthday. that's going to be loads of fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah standin up for your faith is a good thing to do. But if you dont mind my asking...why are you fasting? I dont think its bad, just curious.
I love seeing God in action. It always seems to make everything worth its while. It makes me think of Acts 20:24 "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."

Anonymous said...

No one special

Abby said...

oh, i wasn't fasting from food. i just had to work from 5-8, so i didn't eat supper until after i came home. there is something else i'm fasting from. but since you're on the doatg forums, maybe you've read about it on one of my posts.