Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dealing with Transitions

Yesterday I completed my last day of working for the summer. while i was really impatient all day for time to go faster so i could be done, i was really sad when it was over. since completing my time at the Pizza Buffet, i guess i always thought i'd be in a job situation for the long run.(even though i knew my full time work would come to a close at the end of the summer) but after leaving the second floor hub without my name tag holder, key, or any of my work shirts, tears found their way to my eyes. i guess i've been through so many changes lately, so it's just been hard going through yet another one. also, yesterday was just really fun, despite the fact that we had to clean nine bathrooms. one of my co-workers brought his CDs to listen to while we cleaned, and he had a lot of christian ska (Five Iron Frenzy and the O.C. Supertones) and just some great music from the late 90s/early 2000s. i had a blast listening to all that stuff while cleaning each toilet in the building.

so after leaving work in tears, i decided that i needed to figure out what exactly is wrong with me. and i came to the conclusion that i just don't handle transitions the best, especially when a bunch come in the span of three months or so. and i knew my full time work would come to a close. it just came really fast, that's all.

so, what's next, you ask? well, i have three days of preparation for welcome week. all that means is that i need to get this room cleaned up in three days. also somewhere in there i need to get my computer configured for the college's network, and find out whether i have all the school supplies i need. lastly, i'm going to rest. after thursday, i'm going to be pretty busy for the next two months or so (until fall break). am i scared? yes. But i know that the education i received from Mechanicsburg surely taught me something about college.(after all, isn't that what they attempted to do in Period Zero?) I also know that God never brings us through anything that He and I can't complete together. that alone has brought me through so much in my life.

1 comment:

Barbthebookworm said...

with God you'll do fine abby! :-D