Tuesday, August 25, 2009

and here i am again

Somehow, it doesn't feel like I took this test two years ago. It feels like two weeks. And yet, here I am again waiting to take a test that could change my life. sure, it could be like the last one where it did not amount to anything, but what if this one gets me through to the next step? what if this actually changes my life? Everyone says that they could see me being on Jeopardy. While I'm not always able to answer the questions ever single night I watch the show, I love when knowledge of school or random facts show up. Yesterday, for example, there was one clue where the contestants had to take the derivative to come up with the question! I'm not sure if anyone else my age became so excited with being able to actually apply Calculus to real life.

I almost decided not to take this first step in taking the online test. But then I remembered a quote I've read a million times passing through the school hallways. It goes along the lines of missing 100% of the shots you never take. That's about the time when i decided i had nothing to lose.

Through it all, I keep remembering a different version of 1 Peter 5:7. In the NIV text, it says, "Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you." However, The Message: Remix starting at verse 6 states, "So be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you; he'll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you."

I like how that's worded. He will promote you at the right time. So right now might not be what God had in mind in terms of promoting me. Or maybe, I am supposed to be promoted right about now. By the way, in this case, I use the term promoted not in the sense of getting a raise, but just being blessed in a public way. Either way, I have peace of mind knowing that I am capable of watching TV for educational purposes, in addition to taking what I learn on Jeopardy and applying it to school. Not that it happens often, but once in awhile something like that will come up.

That, my dear friends, is what my heart has to say. Well, it's part of it. The other part doesn't even pertain to the topic of discussion.

No comments: