Friday, October 31, 2008

You'll never know

So last night I went to work, as usual, but I ended up meeting a new employee there. I work a pizza buffet that's seen better days. We have a relatively new manager in there, and his mother-in-law has started working there just whenever we need the help. Last night I met her for the first time. I came to find out that I met her before, though I'm sure she doesn't remember.

See, two years ago I met her and her husband at a Jars of Clay concert. We sat in line for an hour and a half. For those who've never done that, when you sit in line for an hour and a half, there really isn't much you can do other than get to know the people beside you. Since this concert was at Messiah College, that made it even easier to talk to people, since most likely those people have a connection with Messiah College. Anyways, they were very nice, and I had the chance to meet two of their children. Now that I think about it, I guess they did say they had another daughter. Or my manager could be married to the daughter that I met that night, who knows?

My point is, I was a trifle surprised when I walked into work last night and "met" Anne. I was reminded once again of how nice of a person Anne is. I'm so glad she's coming to work here part time. It's amazing to see how God "randomly" brings people into our lives again and again. I was getting to a point where I thought that kind of thing only happened in books and movies. Well, proved wrong again...

No comments: