Monday, February 04, 2008

Something new

i've been continuing my quest to try new things. it seems that lately i've been trying even more things, like increasingly today. let's start with where i'm sitting. right now i'm typing this thing on a flexible rubber keyboard. my mom got it from the church who got it from ordering office supplies. so she gets all the free stuff. sometimes, like this time, she gets cookies. but they're chocked full of preservatives. anyways, it's weird, and i'm still trying to get used to typing on this thing. but it's coming.

i bought starbuck's coffee today at the grocery store. i got peppermint mocha. i figure it's cheaper to buy four jars of it at the store than to buy a small cup of it at the starbuck's place at the mall. and this way i get to share some with my brother and dad, who are going to try some too. but we're waiting until tomorrow morning to try it, because Joel and i haven't had caffeine in forever, so we're not sure what it will do to us. and we really don't feel like being up all night. we've never really been big coffee people, but Liz, from the great state of Washington, told me that you can't even taste the coffee in peppermint mocha. so we'll see.

Joel and I have started trying new youth groups. well, i guess i started that venture last october when that guy invited me to his youth group. well, Joel didn't want to go there. but a bunch of his friends go to this other youth group that meets on wednesday and sunday nights. so last wednesday we went there. on sundays is their actual youth service, and then wednesday is Chill time. we just hang out, do homework, play board games, play video games, and eat. it's really fun. i think we surprised some people from school by showing up. it was great because there are a lot of people there in my grade.

one guy who is a senior asked Joel and I if were church shopping. i told him i'm not allowed to church shop until i leave home and go to college. but we did tell him that we were youth group shopping. so Joel wants to go back there this wednesday. we weren't able to join them for their superbowl party yesterday, because we went to my grandma's house. but we do want to try a sunday evening with them this sunday.

even though i was looking forward to trying out all sorts of youth groups, i'm glad we only had to try out one. it made it easier. although i'm wondering what my pastor is going to say when he finds out that we've started attending a different youth group....oh well, my sunday school class seemed pretty supportive of me trying a different youth group. but i knew they would be, because my sunday school teachers let their youngest daughter go to a different youth group/church when she was in high school.

the youth pastor of this youth group is really nice, and really relates well with everyone. actually, when someone else introduced us to him, he recognized me. he thought he had met me before. but i told him that he had taken a picture of me at See You At the Pole when i was playing the guitar, and those pictures are currently on the website. i had visited the website a few weeks ago to find out more info about the youth group, and stumbled upon SYATP pictures. he and a few other people thought it was funny that he thought he had met me from that. but it was cool. i'm really excited to go back this week. that's something i haven't felt in a very long time. i'm glad to feel apart of group like that. i don't often feel that way with the kids at my church.

well, it's taken me 45 minutes to type this up. there are a few other new things i did over the weekend. i followed directions that my mom gave me to go to another county in the dark on friday night. i got lost, and it took 1 hour and 15 minutes, when it should have taken me 45 minutes. but i got there. once i got to my destination, i ate bruster's ice cream for free. i tried the Birthday Cake flavor for the first time ever. my friend works at Bruster's, so her family always has left over ice cream in their freezer.

so tomorrow will bring a whole new realm of new things to try. i'll be sure to tell you all about that peppermint mocha.

1 comment:

Liz's Random Thoughts said...

Hey,
Ok so if the peppermint mocha does taste like coffee I get blamed? Well than I'm glad I live way over here;) Its all on how you make it..:)
Wow we haven't really had a chance to talk in forever!:( Hopefully I can catch you online sometime today:)
Take care!
<3<3
~Liz