Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Just thought i should mention...

there's something you all should be aware of. but first, as always, we need background info. so for those of you who went to my mom's blog, you may have seen the pictures of when i got my hair cut. i had really, really long hair, and got 10-12 inches cut off to give to Locks of Love. for those of you who haven't figured out, i have very thick hair. and i have a lot of hair. actually, currently i stretch out many of my ponytail holders from putting my hair into a pony tail. it's a very thick ponytail.

anyways, i'm the only one in my family who has hair this thick. my mom and sister have thin hair, so they use volumizing shampoo and conditioner. i usually stay far away from that conditioner, or else i would look like i was trying to bring back the styles of the 80's. so i get the moisturizing stuff. well, my shampoo had been running low over the past few days, and someone tried to dilute it but it's basically like putting water on your hair and expecting that to make it clean. and tonight there wasn't enough water to do the job right. so i decided to take a drastic measure. i used the volumizing shampoo. i still used the moisturizing conditioner. but i figure for the next day or so i'm going to have to wear my hair in a ponytail to try to keep the frizz or whatever down. i dont' even know what's going to happen. i guess i'm expecting some time bomb to go off and then "poof" goes my hair. so i just wanted to warn you, especially those of you who see me every day. i'm not really trying to bring back the styles of the 80's. i just decided that cleanliness outweighed image.

one other part to this story: there's two bottles of my mom's shampoo. i don't know why there are two bottles of this stuff, but there are. so i first reached for the closest one. when i tried to open it, it decided i shouldn't open it. i don't know why it was so hard to pry open.

on a totally random note, two weeks from tonight we will be living through Thanksgiving Eve. that makes me excited. that means we just have the two days of this week, five days of next, and then two after that. and then we get a week off! we're just chugging our way through the year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont think I'd blame you for your hair goin poofy. Although, I am glad that I do not have to worry about that. But you never know, it might look good IF it puffs up.

No one special.

Abby said...

Well, it didn't look or feel that great. the girls in my physics class got a kick out of the story behind it though. and it wasn't poofy in a fuzz way. it was poofy in a smooth way. so i just put it in a ponytail in homeroom, and left like that all day long. but now i've been using some other moisturizing stuff. my hair is way too thick already, and doesn't need anymore volume. but i'll take all the moisture i can get!